Learn more at: www.kemper.com
We are seeking an experienced Java Application Developer Lead to work on our Enterprise Policy and Billing Services team at Kemper Services Group in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Under general direction, manages the work of a small IT team within a large organization to provide quality, timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Leads the development and implementation of project plans for new and existing business applications systems to ensure optimal use of computing systems and to improve information processing on an ongoing basis.
- Provides leadership in coordinating the prioritization and assignments of the team’s work and projects while meeting customer requirements.
- Assumes a senior role in providing technical consulting and support to customer groups with respect to applications computing technologies. Writes design specifications based on customers' business needs.
Apply online: https://www9.ultirecruit.com/UNI1042/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1069
- Five+ years of full time experience developing J2EE applications using JAVA
- Experience developing enterprise level projects with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Self-starter with the ability to code, test and debug business applications
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of J2EE technologies including JMS, Web Services, XML, SQL and JDBC
- Experienced in performance and load testing enterprise applications
- Source Control – Harvest (or similar repository like Clear Case)
- Preferred experience includes WebSphere, JUnit, JMockIt, Ant, ESB and JPA
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to gather and analyze facts and draw correct inferences from the information
- Education equivalent to a degree in an information technology related discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering a plus), or the equivalent in related work experience
Kemper Corporation’s Property and Casualty Insurance Group is made up of Kemper Preferred and Kemper Specialty, which sell personal lines and commercial auto insurance through a network of independent agents; and Kemper Direct, which sells personal auto and homeowners insurance directly to consumers.
This group represents 73% of Kemper’s $2.5 billion of annual insurance premiums.
Our employees enjoy great Benefits
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice.
- Choice of healthcare plans
- Choice of dental plans
- Flexible paid time off program
- Business casual dress
- 401(k) with matching
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Employee referral bonuses
- Education assistance
- Certification assistance
- Charitable giving
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Kemper Corporation - 12 months ago