This position is responsible for leading the development, programming, integration and maintenance of LocalEdge’s applications.
• Supervises the daily activities of assigned developers.
• Leads in the design, development, building and maintenance of new and existing database applications, web applications, program applications and reports, which support daily business activity and web activity.
• Reviews, modifies and documents existing applications, scripts, tables, programs and reports as required.
• Reviews, creates and maintains functional and/or technical design documentation to accompany new software releases, as well as existing code.
• Ensures that underlying application and report code and queries are properly tuned.
• Maintains source code for applications and reports.
• Supports database administration in monitoring the database(s) and implement modifications to data structures as needed.
• Ensures users are properly trained in the use of new and existing application functionality and report generation.
• Ensures that delivered solutions meet stated user requirements and business objectives.
• Effectively manages all projects assigned by manager.
• Travels to subsidiary offices as needed.
• Assists in off-hour upgrades.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
CS Degree or equivalent experience is required. Must have minimum of 6 years of software development background. Project management experience required.
The incumbent/candidate must be detail oriented, well-organized, and self-motivated. The incumbent/candidate must have knowledge of Linux, Mac OS, and MS Windows environments. They must be proficient in Java and and/or .Net development and have experience with the MVC architecture. They must have extensive database and SQL experience. Management skills required.