Perficient is looking for the best and brightest technology talent to support our growing partner and client portfolio. We have scaled from a startup organization to an industry leader by delivering business-driven technology solutions to solve real business problems for mid-sized and large corporations throughout the U.S. and abroad.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Technical Architect in our Minneapolis, MN office .
- At least 7-10 years of experience delivering technology-based solutions, with a minimum of 3 years in a technical architect role
- Bachelors degree (advanced degree preferred)
- Good understanding of the professional services industry
- Recognized as a subject matter expert for a given technology area
- Experience architecting and providing technical leadership on full lifecycle solution development engagements for enterprise initiatives with gross fees in excess of $250k
- Strong client relationship management and cultivation skills
- Experience with the proposal process in a consultative, solution based sales model
- Ability to present proposal solutions to all levels of client management
- Ability to articulate complex technical issues to technical and non-technical folks
- Experience with accurate project estimation and planning
- Proven management, leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to clients and other team members, both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and developers
- Ability to act as technical point person with clients throughout the project lifecycle
- Good management skills, including: attention to detail; ability to produce detailed estimates, schedules and resource assignments; and proactive status tracking, reporting and issue resolution
- Excellent team-building skills with the ability to create a positive, collaborative environment within the development team and across the entire project team
- Ability to forecast project resource needs and make recommendations for resource allocation
- Ability to estimate development tasks and identify associated risks and dependencies
- Knowledge of software market, product history, user business needs, and the ability to analyze competing products
- Understanding of different development options, methodologies, testing procedures, and the limitations and strengths of each
- Knowledge of security issues and how they apply to application design and development
- Skills to evaluate requirements and their impact on performance, user benefit, project timeline, and budget
- Skills to write detailed and accurate technical specifications and detailed design documents
- Design skills to identify subsystems, evaluate degree of connectivity of system components, and refactor system responsibilities to improve overall solution design and performance.
At Perficient, we offer a competitive base salary, bonuses twice a year, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision, 401(k) with matching contributions, 3 weeks paid time off and 10 paid holidays per year.
- 8+ years of overall information technology and software development experience (technical architecture, custom application development, systems integration)
- 5+ years of software development with specific leadership experience managing development teams
- 5+ years server-side Java/JEE programming experience
- 3+ years RAD, WSAD, Eclipse, IntelliJ and/or WebLogic Workshop IDE
- 2+ years JEE Application Servers (IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, JBoss)
- 3+ years defining solution and JEE software architectures
- 4+ years object-oriented design and related tools (UML, Rational)
- 1+ year enterprise connectivity (ERPs, mainframes, messaging middleware, etc.)
- 4+ years accessing relational databases using JDBC
- 1+ years with UNIX/LINUX experience
- 3+ years proven mentoring/leadership experience
- 3+ years experience with multiple Web servers (Apache, Sun, IIS, IHS)
- Strong database and SQL knowledge (Oracle, DB2, SQLServer)
- Strong relational database design experience (ERD – logical and physical)
- Solid knowledge of enterprise network infrastructure (topologies, IP sprayers, routers, gateways, TCP/IP, firewalls, DNS services)
- Solid understanding of security technologies and concepts (SSL, Digital Certificates, LDAP, SSO)
- Solid web infrastructure/architecture knowledge (reverse proxy, fail-over, session state persistence, load-balancing)
- Excellent communication skills (effective oral and written skills)
- Familiar with project management principles (time/cost estimation)
- Experience with software development methodologies (RUP, Agile, XP)
- Experience with applying the core software design patterns and best practices (OO/Gang-of-Four, JEE Blueprint, Architecture, Enterprise Integration)
Perficient is a leading Information Technology consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. Our IT consultants deliver business-driven technology solutions that enable our clients to gain competitive advantage, make their businesses more responsive to market opportunities and threats, strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners, improve productivity and reduce information technology costs.
Since 1998, we have delivered successful project engagements for hundreds of Global 2000 and other large enterprise customers. During that time, we have grown from a startup to a publicly-traded firm with approximately 1,800 full-time professionals serving clients from locations in 24 strategic markets across North America, global delivery centers in Europe and China, and a technology consulting recruiting office in India.
We have deep domain expertise in technology solutions that differentiate our firm. We use small, expert project teams that deliver high-value, measurable results by working collaboratively with clients through a user-centered, technology-based and business-driven solutions methodology . We believe this approach enhances return-on-investment for our clients by significantly reducing the time and risk associated with designing and implementing eBusiness integration solutions. To learn more about Perficient's services, solutions, products, and locations go to www.perficient.com.
Perficient Inc - 30+ days ago
Perficient, Inc. (Perficient) is an information technology consulting firm. The Company designs, builds, and delivers business-driven techno...