Title: Java Big Data Architect
Location: Stamford, CT
Type: Direct hire/permanent
Salary: Negotiable (client wants to know current compensation and desired compensation). Great benefits package offered.
We are a private investment management firm founded in August of 1992. From its state-of-the-art facility in Connecticut and its affiliated offices in New York City, London and Hong Kong, the firm manages a number of private investment funds in long-short equity, quantitative equities and other strategies.
Our Technology department employs 150 professionals and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. Technology seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
- 6+ Years of overall Java Design and Development experience
- 3+ years of architecting highly scalable and distributed solutions involving No-SQL
- 3+ years experience Big Data technology Hadoop.
- Experience in making choice of product, technology based on functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience in creating data models using BigTable type No-SQL (Cassandra, HBase etc) modeling techniques, Experience in porting relational data models into any BigTable type No-SQL data models
- Hands-on experience in performance tuning Cassandra ring
- Hands-on experience in serialization APIs like Thrift and Hector.
- Exposure to how Map-Reduce/Hive/Pig jobs can run on Cassandra.
- Operational knowledge of different Linux flavours.
- Clear concepts of data structures and experience in developing and analyzing search algorithms.