The successful candidate will work with the North America Gas & Power desk to source data from multiple locations and synchronize with the global data platform.
You will be asked to integrate data (e.g., weather, prices, fundamental) from various internal and external sources across different channels (HTTP, FTP, API’s, SQL) and synchronize with our global data platform. The platform will offer exposure to many modern technologies within the data platform, such as ElasticSearch, Neo4J, Cassandra, Mesos and ZooKeeper. The platform stack is JVM-based and written primarily in Java with a subset in Scala.
A global team primarily based in London (with a smaller group of developers in Stamford and Hong Kong) is developing the platform. You will work closely with this team as well as local Meteorologists and Gas & Power analysts.
You will gain excellent insight into the world of commodities as well as receiving support from fellow developers in the IT team.
The position will be based in Noble’s office in Stamford, Connecticut.
This is an excellent opportunity for a keen and enthusiastic developer interested in working hands on in a fast-paced commodities trading environment.
- Sourcing and synchronizing data from multiple locations for the desk.
- Being a part of a high-performing team on a high-profile project.
- Collaborating closely with other developers, business analysts and stakeholders.
- Mastering state-of-the-art technologies and a complex business domain.
- Solving challenging problems in elegant ways.
- Sharing knowledge across the project team.
- Taking pride in the quality of software delivered for each development iteration.
- Manage full application lifecycle including production releases and associated support.
Key Result Areas
- Deliver quality applications that meet user requirements
- Creative and innovative use of technology (including open source frameworks) to speed up application development
- Learn existing systems in use to be in position to advise users/management/BAs of the best approach for delivering to user needs
Education and Qualifications
A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics or equivalent work experience required
Proven working experience with Java and web technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate with non-technical business and IT staff at all levels of the company
- Running your own short timescale projects (gather requirements direct from the business, design, develop and test your solutions)
- Self motivated with an ability to efficiently manage time, priorities and to multitask to meet competing deadlines