Who We Are:
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace's Dayton, Ohio, office is near Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and across from Wright State University. This office supports several Department of Defense organizations including the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC), the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), and several Aeronautical Systems Center program offices.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
What you'll do:
This position encompasses research & development (R&D) within the Warfighter Readiness Division's Distributed Mission Operations Training Research Testbeds. The position requires a dedicated and experienced Software Engineer to work as part of a leading edge research and engineering, design and development team. A primary responsibility of the position is to support the team with conducting research and developing software tools that facilitate the application of computational cognitive models to large-scale, complex domains. A key enabler of this research is recent advances to the modeling infrastructure and how it is integrated with larger net-centric enterprise systems. This person would perform engineer functions to include:
What you need:
- Designing and develop robust solutions to difficult software problems/issues
- Working according to established guidelines and technical directions
- Implementing and documenting software programs and procedures to support customer requirements
- Identifying and resolving technical problems that affect cost, schedule and performance for an enterprise system in an n-tier architecture
- Working well with others in a research environment
- The majority of the work will be performed on site at WPAFB, OH.
· Bachelor's Degree in a Software-Engineering related discipline is strongly preferred plus 2 or more years experience.
· Hands-on software design and development experience with the following:
· Java 6, J2EE (5/6)
· Web Services
· Agile development experience
· A current Department of Defense security clearance or have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance prior to official start date
· A valid state driver’s license, transportation, and ability to gain access to and drive on WPAFB, OH.
· Web Frameworks,
· JPA/ORM: Hibernate/HQL
· Messaging: JMS/ActiveMQ
· UML Proficiency, Awareness of Enterprise Integration Patterns .
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher level degree may substitute for two years of related experience. Related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.