Would you like to build systems that protect the most prominent companies in the world? Join a cutting edge security company in Silicon Valley! Proofpoint just announced our newest product, Targeted Attack Protection (TAP), which joins our suite of security products and we want you to join our growing TAP team. This new security solution is pushing protection boundaries – taking it places where customers haven’t fathomed it could go. On this team, you will play an integral role in helping us stay ahead of phishers and cyber attackers.
Proofpoint has a long track record of success and this is a very exciting time to join the company. We recently IPO’d in April and have been demonstrating healthy market growth since our public debut. Our customer list is impeccable. We have what it takes to produce industry leading software – and we are, just ask Gartner! (http://www.proofpoint.com/id/gartner-email-security-magic-quadrant/index.php) Our team consists of some of the brightest brains around. We have a fun and innovative environment, from our Margarita Contests to our company Beer Busts or Engineering Brain Games. We are growing and are looking for talented technical minds like yours to join our team to help us continue to grow. Given the stage Proofpoint is at as a company, the professional growth opportunities are endless for smart and ambitious individuals on both management and technical tracks.
- Key Java development responsibilities on a high profile team developing enhancements to Proofpoint’s new Targeted Attack Protection product in all areas including web services, application functionality, data management framework and tools
- Work closely with product managers, customers, QA, Release, UI and cross-product Engineering teams
- Write and review high quality code, complete with solid unit tests, in a collaborative and team oriented environment
- Good understanding of HTTP: e.g. When to use PUT vs. POST?
- Previous experience dealing with big data or distributed, highly available, real time systems
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills
- A highly-inquisitive mind when it comes to debugging and problem investigations
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques
- Accountable and passionate about solving real world problems
- Highly-motivated and self-driven individual (i.e., able to work with minimal oversight)
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills – (written and verbal)
- Exposure to cutting edge tools such as Cassandra, Hadoop / MapReduce, Hive, R, Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, etc)
- Exposure to multiple programming languages and approaches
- Scrum/Agile (SCRUM) development methodology a plus
Proofpoint - 17 months ago