The role is for a Java developer working in the US Credit Trading IT team. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of front-to-back functionality to support the US Credit Desk.
The US Credit Technology team serves the Credit desk, providing development and support of a variety of applications critical to trading corporate bonds, loans, and credit derivatives.
• Solid understanding of the fundamentals of vanilla Java programming - Multithreading, OO, distributed computing, message-based architectures.
• Expert knowledge of Java
• Expert knowledge of SQL using Sybase or Oracle
• Expert knowledge of Unix and shell scripting
• Experience developing with Perl
• Demonstrable leadership skills
• Application development involving an understanding of the user domain, rather than just implementing technical solutions.
• Proven experience of complete project lifestyle.
• Development experience on a large complex codebase
• Experience of working and developing software in a real-time environment.
• Basic Fixed Income knowledge required.
• Financial knowledge
• Front office
• Electronic Trading
• Improving development practices for team as a whole
• Fixed Income knowledge bond or CDS pricing and e-trading
• Keen interest in financial products and eager to develop a career in technology in the front office of an investment bank.
• Takes ownership of issues and manages them appropriately.
• Genuine interest in teamwork. Proven record of making improvements for the team as a whole, assisting and working with others and aligning development work with team objectives.
• Understanding that application development is more than purely coding.
RBS - 8 months ago