Expeditors is a Fortune 500 company employing 13,000+ trained professionals in a worldwide network of 250+ locations with our corporate headquarters in downtown Seattle. Expeditors facilitates the sophisticated requirements of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems developed in-house by our growing department of IS professionals.
We encourage our employees to learn, to take risks, and to advance their career. Our company slogan, "You'd be surprised how far we'll go for you" is not mere hype; it is our commitment to surpass our customers’ expectations. At the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer-based approach to logistics.
Java Developer (Entry Level)
Developer on a team that creates Java-based applications interfacing with relational databases and web-based or desktop UI’s. Job responsibilities include participating in design sessions; ensuring that designs support requirements; producing standard object-oriented design documents; understanding programming standards; developing test cases and ensuring that code is tested prior to hand-off to Quality Assurance team; coordinating version control and system builds.
- Object-oriented analysis and design – familiarity with UML a plus
- Object-oriented programming – minimum of 1 year with Java
- Experience with JSF, Rich Faces, JSP, servlets, Spring, or JPA a plus
- Development experience with SOA or Enterprise Java Beans a plus
- Operating systems include UNIX, Windows
- Communication skills (oral and written presentation)
- BS in Computer Science or comparable work experience
These days, expediting your vacation begins online. As the market leader in online travel services (ahead of rivals Orbitz, Priceline, and...