Expeditors is a Fortune 500 company employing 13,000+ trained professionals in a worldwide network of 250+ locations with our corporate headquarters in downtown Seattle. Expeditors facilitates the sophisticated requirements of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems developed in-house by our growing department of IS professionals.
We encourage our employees to learn, to take risks, and to advance their career. Our company slogan, "You'd be surprised how far we'll go for you" is not mere hype; it is our commitment to surpass our customers’ expectations. At the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer-based approach to logistics.
Java Developer (Mid Level)
Developer of enterprise quality Java based business applications that interface with relational databases and use web-based UI's and web deployment methodologies
- Building new as well as maintaining existing business solutions using proven object-oriented design and development frameworks and techniques
- Working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Creation and presentation of individual and team designs using object-oriented documentation
- Participation in team design, code and test plan reviews
- Following enterprise defined programming standards for all development
- Developing unit, integration and automated tests
- Ensuring that code is tested prior to hand-off to Quality Assurance team
- Coordinating version control and builds to various environments
- Coordinating deployment efforts
- Developing support requirements, documents and SOPs
- Providing production support during normal and after hours depending upon work load and product availability needs.
- Object-oriented programming - 2 to 5 years with Java
- Object-oriented analysis and design – strong working familiarity with OO design principles and UML
- Experience with component-based Java development, JSP and servlets
- Experience with modern web-based and service based architectures and deployment paradigms
- Experience with Eclipse IDE and various plug-ins preferred
- Willingness to learn new programming languages and tools as needed
- Operating systems include UNIX , and Windows
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve time critical production issues
- Superior communication (oral and written) and collaboration (team building and conflict resolution) skills
- BS in Computer Science or comparable work experience
Expeditors - 17 months ago
These days, expediting your vacation begins online. As the market leader in online travel services (ahead of rivals Orbitz, Priceline, and...