Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and
investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
The candidate for the Securities Lending Team will be responsible for executing strategic development projects focusing on business processing related to reference data (product, price, account, etc) and integrate the platform with systems for the Securities Lending business. The Securities Lending platform supports various products including Equity, Fixed Income, ETFs, Swaps and FX; and integrates with various back-office systems for processing. The job offers a very challenging role in a first of a kind project on the street to create a combined Principal and Agency Global securities platform, providing tremendous learning and growth opportunities.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and building new functionality for core reference data service and database processes of our platform. This is a critical system which enables the client facing Securities Lending business to function and permit them to make trade decisions. Candidate will be responsible for leading all development and post-development phases of systems development including: analysis and design, development, testing and deployment within a team that is located in multiple regions. Analyzing complex requirements. Making strategic decisions and coordinating complex multi-phase projects. Working together with multiple support groups for release of new software and in resolving technical issues.
- The following required knowledge and experience is essential for this position:
- Strong technical skills (see Skills section);
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Strong experience of Software Development Lifecycle processes;
- Experience of delivering projects as part of a cross location team.
- Ability to multi-task & liaise with business, tech teams & developers.
- Should be hands-on in coding, design reviews, execution planning, code reviews, etc.
- Strong client facing and communication skills
The following required knowledge and experience is essential for this position:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in design and development using JEE server side and middleware technologies.
- Strong knowledge of JAVA/JEE (Core JAVA, J2EE/JEE, XML, Spring, MyBatis, Hibernate, REST, Protobuf, Web Services)
- Expertise in Messaging Services (JMS, Tibco EMS, MQ) and a servlet engine is a must.
- Databases Oracle, and Sybase with SQL,PL/SQL programming expertise.
- Experience with Maven, JUnit and Mock testing.
- Working knowledge of JSP, GWT front end a plus
- Working knowledge of concurrency and remote system design issues.
- Unix and scripting skills (Korn shell, PERL)
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task/balance parallel work streams
- Willingness to work long hours when required.
- Committed to Unit testing, good design approach and work with a team or independently.
- Work with offshore teams and the challenges of time, language and culture.
The following required qualification is essential for this position:
- Strong academic background;
- Bachelor's degree or above in computer science or engineering
- Experience with developing and supporting applications for front or back office of an Investment bank.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: