Java Developer - Plano, TX
Every day over 20,000 Amdocs employees, serving customers in more than 60 countries, collaborate to help our customers realize their vision. We have a 30-year track record of ensuring service providers’ success by embracing their most complex, mission-critical challenges. 100% of Fortune’s Global 500 quad-play providers rely on Amdocs to help them run their businesses better.
Amdocs is a ‘can do’ company that leads the industry, is fully accountable and most importantly, always delivers. This is our DNA. Our success has been sparked and sustained by hiring exceptional people. If this sounds like you--- if you have the drive, focus and passion to succeed in a fast-paced, delivery-focused, global environment-- then Amdocs would like to talk with you. Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
Please Note: All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship now or in the future.
Amdocs is seeking a Java Developer who has a prior applications development background with development of API’s and EJB code for large scale application. This individual will also play a GL role in working closely with business ant IT stakeholders and other departmental areas for multiple projects and deliverables. They will also possess the ability to work in agile development environment with collaboration and multiple teams / applications dependencies
- EJB development per user stories with overall code life cycle responsibility through testing and production deployment
- Follow the prescribed Agile Project Lifecycle methodology
- Partner with Product / Project Owner(s) to develop projects thru the software development process from request management thru post-deployment support
- Coordinate deliveries timeline and estimation across multiple development organizations responsible for packaged deliverables
- Develop according to Amdocs standards to ensure that all milestone deliverables meet with defined standards. Deliverables include requirement definitions, functional specification, architecture design, technical specifications, release notes, installation guides, solution summary, and other documentation.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to bridge the communications gap between business and technical teams
- 3+ years of experience in java development projects
- 2+ years of hands on experience developing application API's and EJB's
- 2+ years of experience developing and supporting large scale application
- 3-5 years of career experience as a hands-on java application developer
- 2+ years of expert-level understanding of all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
All Amdocs roles require strong verbal and written communications skills, position-appropriate mentoring/leadership abilities, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities, and a deep customer service orientation, both internally and externally.
- 1+ years of Telecom/Cable experience, PMP, Solaris/Linux Systems Administration and/or Oracle certifications
- 1+ years of Agile/scrum experience
- Must demonstrate ability to manage multiple, concurrent initiatives
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent
Amdocs - 20 months ago
Amdocs helps bring telecom companies and their customers together. The company is a leading supplier of customer experience software and...