Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively as a part of a team and also independently as assigned. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are critical. Interviewees should be prepared to share past experiences of ways in which a difficult task was accomplished with vision, clarity, and a positive attitude.
* 3-5 years’ experience with Java Development.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to profile, analyze, and debug Java code
* This position is responsible for providing analytical and technical support to the business community through the development of programs that provide solutions to business problems.
* Responsible for partnering with other system/business support teams to understand possible integration of related applications and develop related strategic plans.
* Maintains strong knowledge of standard programming languages, platforms, and technologies including: Java/J2EE, JSP, XML, XSL, XSD, HTML, and SQL--as well as database concepts, web services, AJAX, performance tuning, space utilization, other technology platforms.
* May be responsible for system support of developed applications through the unique combination of business and system analysis, quality assurance, post-implementation product support.
* Participates in educational, professional and industry activities related to programming and systems analysis. Communicates developments in these fields to appropriate personnel.
* Responsible for monitoring technology implementation to ensure business requirements are being met.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Glenview, Illinois United States
Glenview, IL United States
Aon - 23 months ago
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...