Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. Were one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Counterparty Data IT are responsible for the development and maintenance of systems for managing Counterparty information within Barclays Capital.
The department has teams in London, Prague, New York, Pune and Singapore. Technologies used include Microsoft .NET (ASP and C#), SQL Server 2008, Java, UDB, as well as some C++/COM+, ASP, and Perl.
Client and Counterparty IT have an aggressive schedule of changes to support process efficiencies in the Bank, regulatory requirements and operating cost reductions. Whilst the department will deliver the bulk of these changes through bank wide programmes, smaller projects and minor works are also ongoing. Project teams span multiple locations and work with other departments across the organization
This Senior Developer role requires Technical Analysis and Design (Object Oriented), and Development experience using Java, SQL Server and IBM UDB, The candidate will be responsible for specification and development of unit tests
Responsible for implementing new application components, integrating and enhancing existing components, and synchronizing data from various sources.
Provide unit test cases for all changes made, ensuring that these are covered by changes to existing unit tests, or new ones that will be delivered with any code.
- Work as a key player in a small development group tasked with a broad set of components to maintain and enhance.
- Provide accurate estimates for assigned work.
- Communicate effectively with business analysts, project managers and testes. Understand detailed business requirements at all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Participate in analysis, design and development of new functionality for the application.
- Work closely with team members in London, Prague, Pune and Singapore, participating in and contributing to technical discussions.
- Make design decisions based upon trade-offs between performance and data integrity.
- Understand a variety of J2EE components (from messaging to web services) and how to maximize the best use of each technology.
- Identify and escalate issues and risks in a timely manner to the development/project manager so that project risk can be mitigated with minimal impact.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience coding, performance tuning, and analysis in a high-availability production environment.
- 3+ years core Java (JDBC, collections, threading knowledge, OO concepts).
- 3+ years SQL experience with Stored Procedure knowledge (Sql Server, UDB, and/or Sybase).
- Unix/Linux familiarity, including knowledge of shell and Perl scripting.
- Knowledge of Eclipse, Ant, and Subversion.
- Full knowledge of the software project life cycle
- Ability to analyse functional requirements and translate into technical design and accurate estimates
- Analytical skills; ability to investigate and resolve issues in a high-pressured environment
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Java J2EE (JMS, Web Services, EJB)
- Java Swing
- JSP & Struts
- TIBCO RV
- Understanding of workflow concepts
- Knowledge of UML, Visio
- Working knowledge Quality Centre
- SOAP Web Services
- A highly-motivated individual
- Ability to self-learn
- Demonstrates initiative
- An effective communicator
- Ability to work in a virtual team, across boundaries
Barclays Investment Bank - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...