This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting Web or Java applications for the enterprises Internet/intranet sites. Gathers and analyzes requirements. Programs all or selected components of Web or Java applications. Documents components and applications. Develops automation techniques to enable end-user content publishing; programs, tests and implements mapped graphic images, forms and HTML pages; handles client browser support inquiries; maintains links to external sites and accuracy on internal links while ensuring up-to-date information. Researches, evaluates and recommends new Internet tools and applications for use in assigned responsibilities. This job at the senior level has experience in a variety of the more difficult Web tools and languages.
NOTE: Visa Sponsorship or Visa Transfer is not available.
1) Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
2) 2 years of IT work experience in software development, installation and modification in an online environment.
3) Requires knowledge and experience in own function; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills
4) Builds own knowledge of HCSC, business processes and customers
5) Solves a range of problems
6) Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
7) Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
PREFERRED TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1) Proficiency in J2EE Technologies, Java, HTML, and JSP;
2)Experience with Eclipse/RAD, IBM MQ Workflow, WebSphere, Java Servlets, XML and JSP.
3) Experience developing with frameworks, preferably with Spring and Hibernate.
4) Knowledge on Struts, MVC, open source Java frameworks and technologies, such as Apache Common utility, Ant build file, Junit testing.
5) Experience with Web Services
6) Familiarity with systems integration approaches and technologies
7) Relational Database experience MS SQL server or DB2 experience.
8) Full SDLC experience. Ability to work in matrixed teams with technical developers, architectures, Business Analysts, testing leads, and business owners. Solid software development & quality software delivery practices and performance tuning experience would be desirable;
9) Excellent communication (written & verbal) is highly desired;
10) Ability to work independently and think creatively in design is highly desired.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 20 months ago