Responsible for the analysis, development, installation, modification and support of software applications.
• Analyze business problems or opportunities and prepare detailed specifications and estimates from which objects will be written.
• Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand and execute all assignments with limited supervision.
• Code, debug, revise and document objects or systems with limited supervision. May design based on functional department assigned.
• Implement the tested and approved objects in a manner which protects the integrity of all test and production environments with limited supervision
• Adhere to all application standards, service level agreements, and processes (i.e., Walkthru and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.).
• Provide input into software package buy vs. build recommendations to management when requested.
• Must effectively communicate development and production issues to the project team and/or the manager in a timely manner.
• Be able to create effective unit test plans from the technical specifications.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or natural science and 3 years of experience in computer programming.
If no degree, 5 years of experience in computer programming.
Additional Critical Skills & Knowledge Needed for Job
• Experience delivering SOA solutions using Java/Websphere.
• Experience with a Java development IDE like Eclipse, RAD, NetBeans.
• Experience with testing methodologies with the stated major development languages.
• Experience with at least one of the major Data Base systems: IMS, DB2, Oracle, SQL.
• Experience with IBM Websphere Services Registry and Repository is a plus.
• Experience with SAML/SAML 2 is a plus.
• Effective verbal or written communication skills
• Ability to interview with a focus on fact finding and discovery
• Ability to assimilate factual data pursuant to formulating a conclusion
• Process and logic oriented
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Ability to be self-disciplined, flexible and adaptable
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Comfortable providing status updates on a regular basis.
• Highly organized with the ability to work in an environment where the ability to effectively multi-task is often needed
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 15 months ago