Buchanan Technologies is currently interviewing Java candidates to support a Hurst, Texas client in an enterprise environment. The successful candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years Java Development experience. This requirement is an initial 6 ( six) month engagement, however the client may extend the terms after an initial period of time.
Duties and Responsibilities :
· Full life-cycle development - work to design, develop, test, and deploy new features and updates to highly complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software
· Applies intermediate to advanced skills and concepts to oversee projects
· Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them
· Design, implement, automate and maintain software and processes in both Linux and Windows environments.
· Work on LAMP and Java tech stacks
· Work with algorithms, data structures, performance optimizations
Required Experience :
· 2 to 3 years experience in programming and design skills in Core Java, J2EE, Spring, JDBC/Hibernate 3, Web Services .
· Experienced in functional programming languages such as SCALA is a plus
· Experience working with OOP & TDD & ability to create solid documentation.
· Good understanding of web development - HTML & java script frameworks – Ajax, HTTP 1.1, CSS, java script, GWT, ExtJS. Preferably HTML5/CSS3 and GWT
· Good understanding of Java and Scala fundamentals including multi-threading/concurrent development
· Good grasp of distributed, fault-tolerant systems ( caching, algorithms optimization, memory management)
· Database experience ( SQL, Oracle, NoSQL)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least three 1 year of related experience or equivalent training and/or work experience
Buchanan Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ( ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR., ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident ( i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Buchanan also participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration ( SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security ( DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.