The primary purpose of the position is to maintain and provide support for our various ecommerce properties. The java developer will be an integral part of a development team responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting the technical aspects of Carhartt’s ecommerce strategic initiatives. The web developer will work with in a team to implement new features and functional as well as maintain, support and upgrade existing functionality.
- Maintain and enhance the various pages of our eCommerce sites including checkout, product detail, search and marketing pages
- Create and maintain functional and technical documentation for all changes and enhancements
- Create, perform and validate test scenarios for all enhancements and changes
- Actively contribute to the overall design and architecture of web applications
- Analyze and diagnose any issues that may impact performance or availability of our ecommerce applications
- Independently design, code, test major features and work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Provide post-implementation support for all changes and enhancements
- Develop standards-compliant cross-browser compatible web pages, landing pages and related functionality.
- Translate visual and written designs into efficient web application components.
Key Performance Indicators:
- All applications are properly documented and supportable by other team members.
- All application changes are thoroughly and consistently tested and validated
- Shows ability to adapt to rapid changes in tasks and assignments
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the technical team to solve problems and complete tasks.
- Completes assigned tasks within the determined timeframe and promptly alerts supervisor if unable to do so.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience in web-based application development.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and cross-browser CSS
- Knowledge of cross-browser limitations and work-arounds
- 2+ years of experience developing in Java/J2EE-based JSP/JSTL environments required.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical management skills – be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with working with XML data and XSL transforms
- Normal office environment; cubicle/office setting. Extended periods of time sitting, standing, typing on a computer is required.
- Light lifting may be required. 10 LBS.
- Willing to work some weekends if necessary.
- Participate in after-hours support as needed.
- National travel required (up to 5%).
- Carhartt is a tobacco free workplace