Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management — to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
Citizant is looking for software development professionals who have experience with implementing business applications within a web-based environment to work on several high visibility systems. Our team will analyze and implement customer requirements leveraging existing application architecture. Qualified candidates are self-motivated that are willing to learn new technologies and tools.
- Developing and maintaining web applications written in Java/JSF/Struts using MVC architecture, operating on Windows / Linux platforms
- Developing, enhancing and maintaining Java based software using tools such as STRUTS, Hibernate and Java IDEs
- Following standard design and implementation processes and procedures
- Working with people of varying degrees of technical expertise and to express complex, technical concepts effectively is essential.
- The candidate must also be familiar with design specifications, programming specifications, and other system life cycle documentation.
- Performs system capabilities analysis, installs, tests, and validates operational automation and communications software as specified by installation standards, manufacturer's guidance, and licensing terms.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of software engineering and a demonstrated ability to independently work on complex assignments.
Applicant is preferably a US Citizen and will be subject to a security investigation to obtain a Federal Government clearance. Permanent US Residents will also be considered.
- Experienced with the Java programming language; certification desired
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including 15 days off in your first year (timebank, including sick days), all federal holidays, a community service day, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer.
Citizant is one of the Capital area's fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions - Enterprise Architecture, Information...