Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management — to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
Citizant is looking for a Java development professional to work on several high visibility systems. Our team will develop custom applications based on well-defined customer requirements. Qualified candidates are self-motivated that are willing to learn new technologies and tools.
• Scope of responsibility includes analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software.
• Maintains a broad knowledge of software engineering and a demonstrated ability to independently work on complex assignments.
• Designs systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs.
• Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded.
• Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
• 4 to 6 years of relevant experience
• Java development experience (Java 6)
• Experience in Hibernate and Spring (Spring Core/Spring MVC)
• Experience working with Rational ClearCase and RequisitePro
• Experience with Oracle 11g, jBoss, jUnit, and jQuery
• Highly motivated person with a desire to learn new technologies and with the ability to work independently
Education and Experience:
• The Java programmer will have at least three (4) years experience
• BS Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Clearance Requirements: Applicant selected will be subject to a security investigation and employment is based on the ability to attain Minimum Background Investigation clearance.
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including 15 days off in your first year (timebank, including sick days), all federal holidays, a community service day, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer.
Citizant, Inc - 20 months ago