This position participates in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of application systems. Responsible for programming, debugging and testing of applications in a development environment. Generally responsible for database design and system testing. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.
This position will work with a team utilizing one or more of the following premium technologies: Java/Perl/PHP/Python, J2EE, .NET, Unix Infrastructure, Oracle, and DataStage.
Expected deliverables include but are not limited to requirements analysis, system analysis, system design, data models, program design, source code development, test case development, testing, and documentation.
In this position it is essential that departmental policies and procedures be adhered to. Those include, but are not limited to; technical and architecture standards, production implementation standards, regular status reporting, regular participation in team meetings, regular one on one meetings with supervisor and team lead, and providing work estimates and regular time tracking.
Minimum Job Qualifications and Technical Competencies
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field. Appropriate additional experience beyond the minimum required experience may be substituted for education.
* A total of 5 years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development. Experience must include significant involvement with one or more of the following premium technologies: Java/Perl/PHP/Python, J2EE, .NET, Unix Infrastructure, Oracle, DataStage, Salesforce.com and/or SQLServer/MySQL technologies used in a development environment.
* Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication.
* Able to work well with, and potentially lead, groups of business customers and IT partners.
* Able to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
* Technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
* Able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of mid-level scope.
* Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve complex programming problems and system coordination issues.
* Able to provide technical direction and solutions to other team members.
* Able to plan and manage his/her own work, as well as 1-2 other team members
* Able to lead multi-discipline teams for work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and creating status reports.
* Able to mentor and coach other junior team members in technical matters.
* Develops efficient and maintainable program code.
* Develops efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving complex business problems.
* Provides consulting support for IT and Business partners by researching, identifying and resolving complex technical problems.
* Continuously seeks to improve job skills. Actively participates in the company's learning environment. Works on compensating for personal limits in both technical and professional soft skills.
* Meets established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality. Negotiates changes to delivery dates.
* Develops complex programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives.
* Prepares and/or directs the creation of system test plans, test criteria, and test data.
* Develops innovative solutions to problems.
* Understands and participates in deliverables required by approved Development Lifecycles.
* Determines system design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for multiple work efforts.
* Takes initiative and seeks out work.
* Prepares and/or directs the creation of program, system, operational and User documentation.
* Performs and/or directs testing and documents the results
CompuCom - 19 months ago
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...