EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services for enterprise and government customers in more than 100 countries.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional business units world-wide, EchoStar is a multiple Emmy award-winning company that has pioneered advancements in the set-top box and satellite industries for over 30 years, consistently delivering value for customers, partners and investors through innovation and outstanding quality. For more than three decades, EchoStar’s contribution to video technology continues to have a major influence on the way consumers view, receive and manage TV programming.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
EchoStar has an opening for a Software Engineer who will develop, integrate and maintain new and existing Java/J2EE applications which use some of the most exciting mainstream open source and open standards technologies in the Java/JEE development space.
- Develop, integrate and maintain new and existing Java/J2EE applications.
- Work in dynamic development environment and will be responsible for delivering reliable software components.
- Participate in analysis, design, implementation, test and documentation phase.
- Design and build web services that integrate with multiple backend systems.
- Evaluate/prototype software from third parties and open source software and integrate it with new, ongoing and existing applications.
- Perform code analysis and participate in code reviews on existing and new projects.
- BS Computer Science or MIS/CIS or equivalent
- 3 - 6 years hands on experience in developing n-Tier applications using any of the Java/J2EE technologies such as JSP, JSF, JAXB, DOM/SAX, JMS, POJO, Web Services
- 3 years experience working with Object Relational Mapping (ORM) technologies such as Hibernate
- 3years experience working with other JEE frameworks such as Spring
- 3 years experience working with any relational database systems such as MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge on Mule ESB
- Working knowledge Liferay Portal (EE desirable)
- Working knowledge of MongoDB
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) as well as Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) principles
- Working knowledge in implementing JEE or GoF design patterns
- Preferably used to or willing to learn working in a Linux or Mac OS X environment
- Working knowledge of Apache, Tomcat, JBoss
- Experience in Graphical User Interface (GUI) design
- Working knowledge in using Git, or Subversion
- Working knowledge of ANT or Maven
- Experience in developing software for protocol processing using XML, JSON and related technologies
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar is an EEO employer (M/F/D/V)
EchoStar - 8 months ago
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...