Join a global research advisory leader!
The Boston Globe has ranked Forrester Research as one of the "Top 100 Places to Work," and, in 2012, for the 15th consecutive year, Forrester was ranked in its "Best of Massachusetts Businesses." Forrester has research centers and sales offices in more than 25 cities internationally, spanning six continents. Forrester works with professionals in 17 key roles within IT, marketing and strategy, and tech industry at major companies providing proprietary research, consumer insight, consulting, events, and peer-to-peer executive programs. For more information, visit www.forrester.com.
Job Title: Java Developer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Forrester Research seeks a motivated Java Developer with experience deploying and maintaining the suite of applications supporting a corporate website and the back-end systems that integrate with it.
• Attend Agile-based project meetings to design and scope scalable technical solutions that extend the existing functionality of website and supporting applications.
• Present detailed solution documentation to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
• Take ownership of code throughout the development life cycle (development, testing, deployment, maintenance).
• Balance project work with routine system maintenance activities (bug fixes, application troubleshooting, on-call responsibilities).
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
• Four-plus years of professional experience in developing Java-based applications using Spring, Servlets, JDBC, JSF, Web Services, caching strategies, and JPA.
• Strong understanding of OO Analysis and Design and the practical application of design patterns.
• Experience with ETL concepts, synchronous and asynchronous messaging, and strategies for communicating between loosely coupled systems.
• Knowledge of relational database systems (essential); Oracle experience is a plus.
• Solid experience developing in a Linux environment.
• Experience with Tomcat or JBoss, JUnit, Ant, and Subversion.
• Someone who is comfortable in an Agile “whole team” environment.
• Commitment to quality and the role of testing in software development.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading...