Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The candidate will use a test-driven, Agile Software Development Methodology to design develop, validate, and document enterprise software applications that meet defined requirements.
• Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
• Must achieve DoD 8570 Compliance within 90 days of employment (Security+, Linux+) Examples of Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Design, develop, validate and sufficiently document software applications.
• Create unit tests and support testing related activities.
• Assess the performance and scalability of solutions.
• Document results, including strengths, issues and lessons learned.
• Support the needs of an Agile Software Development Team.
• Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a closely related field.
• Object-oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Java programming experience.
• Experience with J2EE programming with application servers (JBoss, Weblogic,Websphere, etc.), preferably JBoss 7.0.
• Understanding of application architecture (MVC/model-2, patterns, JDBC, CVS, build management, etc.).
• Relational database management system (RDBMS) experience (PostGres, MySQL, Oracle).
• Understanding of SQL Queries.
• Web-based server and client software development experience.
• Self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision.
• Experience with GIS technologies, such as GeoServer, GeoTools, etc.
• Candidate must have developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
• Candidate must be capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines.
• Experience with VMware virtual environments (ESX, ESXi, Workstation, vCenter, vSphere).
• Excellent programming and scripting skills in multiple languages (Batch, Powershell, Perl, bash, Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, JSP, C/C++, etc.).
• Experience with the Scrum/Agile software development
Geocent is an equal opportunity employer: EOE/M/F/D/V
We provide technology solutions across a wide variety of functional areas. Our clients include government, defense, homeland security,...