The Programmer Analyst III's role is to provide technical expertise to ensure applications are designed, developed and maintained in a manner that ensures high application availability and continuous business effectiveness. The Software Developer will work with teams of developers utilizing methodological techniques and strong communication skills
- Design, develop and deploy web-based applications and services that fuel core business processes
- Develop applications from detailed design specs
- Develop, enhance and support complex Java web applications in a multi-user environment
- Ability to work well in teams to proactively share knowledge, information, problems and solutions
- Utilize full life-cycle development and delivery of enterprise-class software solutions, using the latest technologies and platforms and the latest software development best practices and techniques, including design patterns, test-driven development and SOA frameworks
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field and three years of programming experience OR Certificate or Associate degree from an accredited program and four years of programming experience OR two years of experience at the lower level or position
- 3+ years work experience with Java development
- Bachelors degree
- Oracle Database
- Stored procedure programming
- Object Oriented Methodology experience
- Ability to work in a team environment (not a solo developer situation
- Enterprise Application Development experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- 1+ years work experience with Java Framework
- Full life cycle development
- 1+ year Crystal Reports development experience, .NET programming experience and SQL Server stored procedures experience
- XML experience
- Experience with CVS or other versioning system
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 17 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in downtown Atlanta .
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
We're located across from Underground Atlanta . Parking is nearby as well as direct access to MARTA's rail and bus system.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.