Want your skills to make a difference in how the world works - for the better? IBM is seeking keen-minded Application Developers in Java interested in working next to some of the best IT Specialists in the industry, with some of the world's leading companies. Application Developers at IBM have a perspective on problem solving that says no one problem, big or small, is an isolated event, but rather part of a much bigger, more complex system.
In this job role you'll use your expertise in translating IT requirements into great design, as well as development and assembly of components, coding, unit testing and documentation, to create custom information systems for our clients. Applicants should have experience applying their technical skills in an internal or external customer (billable services), and implementation environment.
Applicants should have experience in the following:
Leading others in a team lead role
Working strongly in a team setting; can join an existing team and establish trust quickly
Demonstrating strong communication skills; can work with business analysts and business subject matter experts
Working with testing teams to understand and resolve defects in the system
Identifying and escalating any issues, risks, or problems to the project manager of the team
Knowledge of requirements/design artifacts (ex. UML artifacts) and past experience generating design artifacts
Managing teams to ensure artifacts are completed on project deadlines
Generating system documentation and transitioning artifacts to service and support teams
This position requires up to 100% travel. (2252)
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in JAVA/J2EE development experience
- At least 3 years experience in Web Services implementation
- At least 3 years experience in using JDBC to execute SQL queries
- At least 1 year experience in writing complex SQL queries
- Readiness to travel Up to 5 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
- English: Fluent
- At least 7 years experience in JAVA/J2EE development experience
- At least 5 years experience in Web Services implementation
- At least 5 years experience in using JDBC to execute SQL queries
- At least 3 years experience in writing complex SQL queries
- At least 3 years experience in DB2
- At least 3 years experience in Apache CXF, Spring, Mule ESB, Subversion, Maven, Jenkins, and SoapUI
- At least 2 years experience in integrating Java components with business rules engines (ie. iLog JRules, FairIsaacs Blaze)
- At least 3 years experience in SOA, Web Services, Application Frameworks, and SDLC Methods
- At least 3 years experience in Insurance/Banking Industry
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 11 months ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...