Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions is looking for a passionate and talented Software Development Engineer who will help us build innovative Java based web applications comprised of e-commerce, portal, content, business suites and back office. We have an award-winning technology team, a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and a culture that fosters learning, knowledge sharing, and innovation. This individual will be leveraging next generation web development frameworks, RIA technologies and SOA technologies for our web-based applications and integration solutions.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and have a deep knowledge of current web technologies, techniques.
- At least 5+ years of Java and J2EE based web development experience using one or more application servers like JBoss,Tomcat, Jetty, Weblogic, Websphere
- Hands-on implementation experience using various Spring modules to build web applications.
- Strong Java skills and object oriented design experience, including knowledge of core libraries and common design patterns
- Expertise with Hibernate and REST services.
- Experience implementing large public facing marketing websites powered by content management systems like Alfresco, Teamsite etc.
- Comfortable working in an agile scrum based SDLC.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to work with business users as well as other members of the technical staff.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and all phases of the entire software lifecycle.
- Amazon EC2 cloud deployment experience
- SQL experience and knowledge of Oracle, MySQL and/or other databases
- Bachelors degree - preferably in computer science.
Kaplan - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which help...