NOTE: This is a Career Indefinite position. For important information about LLNL appointments refer to the FAQs above. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Information and Communication Services Department (ICS) within the Business Directorate has an opening for a Java Developer in support of the Enterprise Resource Planning systems and two customer funded applications.The ICS Department provides business information computing services to all segments of the Laboratory. Information technology is a key element of the Laboratory's operational infrastructure, and ICS provides services, which include the analysis, design, implementation, and operation of application systems designed to satisfy the legal, fiscal, and operational information processing requirements of LLNL. The selected candidate will work with Computer Scientists creating information technology solutions to meet business needs associated with financial reporting, project and proposal management. This position will report to the Financial Institutional Systems/Project Reporting Manager.
- Develop application enhancements to Project Reporting System (PRS), Opportunity Management System (OMS) and Work Package Approval System (eAWP).
- Analyze and resolve issues associated with PRS, OMS and eAWP applications.
- Identify requirements; analyze associated data and information in support of programmatic project reporting and proposal submittal processes.
- Use technologies such as Java, Oracle 11g database and Integrated Development Environments such as ADF and Eclipse to develop or extend existing application to meet the specific needs of programmatic customers. The focus will be in financial, project and proposal management.
- Create reporting solutions in Jasper Reports, Apache POI embedded in Oracle Fusion Middleware stack and ADF applications.
- Evaluate new mobile technologies that will be applied to meet specific needs for project status reporting, proposals tracking and time reporting (LITE application).
- Participate in project planning and resource analysis for deliverables that will be directly associated with project, proposal and financial management applications.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Recent BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
- Experience applying broad scientific principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to solve technical problems.
- Experience with relational database theory and SQL.
- Experience working with ADF or Java.
- Experience working in the Eclipse, Integrated Development Environment.
- Demonstrated organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply new software technology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of analysis and design methodologies.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills necessary to prepare and present technical reports and document results.
- Ability to work independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: None required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory - 30+ days ago
It takes a lot of manpower to build a nation's economic and energy security. That's why there's the US Department of Energy....