LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. is the leader in educational entertainment for children. LeapFrog’s award-winning product portfolio helps millions of children achieve their potential by delivering best-in-class curriculum through engaging content, fun multimedia learning platforms and toys. The Learning Path, LeapFrog’s proprietary online destination for parents and extended family, provides personalized feedback on a child’s learning progress and offers product recommendations to enhance each child’s learning experience. Through the power of play, LeapFrog’s products and curriculum help children of all ages prepare for school and life success. LeapFrog’s products are available in more than 45 countries and have been used by teachers in more than 100,000 U.S. classrooms. LeapFrog is based in Emeryville, California, and was founded in 1995 by a father who revolutionized technology-based learning solutions to help his child learn how to read. Come see the learning at www.leapfrog.com .
We are looking for a passionate, highly motivated Java Developer to develop software and integrate the various web components at LeapFrog. This individual will utilize his/her knowledge of Java, web services, database programming and server side web development to build these web applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Design and implement complex multi-tiered software systems in Java-based environments
- Interact with large databases and big data
- Build unit tests and integration tests based on functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop and present system and design documentation
- Work across functions to support the change management, deployment, configuration and release of software components
- 3+ years of Java server side application development
- Demonstrable hands-on experience of J2EE and Spring technologies
- Strong knowledge of relational schemas and database modeling and PL/SQL
- Experience developing both SOAP and REST web services
- Strong understanding of web development architecture and concepts
- Working knowledge of Maven and Linux/UNIX environment including common system utilities and scripting
- Good working knowledge of Apache, Tomcat, Jetty and other web application platforms
- Knowledge of Python, Perl or other scripting language
- Experience building development tools
- Experience with public traffic, consumer-facing system is a plus
- Knowledge of NoSql and hadoop is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math or Physics
LeapFrog Enterprises - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
LeapFrog is a leading designer, developer and marketer of innovative, technology-based educational products and related proprietary content....