Prestigous European Investment Bank is seeking a Java Developer to join their Front Office Trading team in NYC.
The candidate will join as a front office developer, be closely aligned with New York Equity trading desks and will participate in the full development lifecycle including analysis, development, testing, deployment, support and maintenance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with users and business analysts to understand user needs and translate requirements into systems
- Plan, design, develop, document, test, deploy, and support new and existing features/modules
- Ensure that software is of a high quality, meeting user needs with high performance and required functionality.
- Ensure compliance with software development controls.
- Work with team members to continually improve quality, processes, and practices both locally and with the global team.
- Work with local production support teams to provide backup support as needed.
- Document systems and provide training in areas of expertise.
- Work to make sure our systems are robust and can support a global trading business.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
Prior work experience must include a minimum of three years working in IT in the financial industry working on front-office and/or middle-office applications.
Required: BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Desired/Plus: Project management skills Knowledge on change management / release management processes Knowledge in SDLC (software development life cycle)
Required/Must have: Analytical skills Pragmatic, curious, dynamic, detail oriented and fast learning capacity so as to be able to work in a high pressure environment Strong teamwork that should not impede autonomy on assigned topics Good written & verbal communication skills, adapted to recipient (local IT vs. global IT vs. Business) Solid knowledge of the main derivative products, and trade lifecycle (capture, pricing, counterpart risk checking, termsheet, booking, settlement) Looking for a long-term assignment (at least 2 years)
Desired/Plus: C# - 1 year hands on experience, or at least a strong desire to learn the language Windows user interfaces (Winforms) Knowledge on messaging technologies (JMS, Tibco, FIX protocol, etc.) Ability to communicate in French
Required/Must have: Java - 3-5 years hands on experience SQL 3-5 years experience (Oracle preferred) Weblogic administration/advanced usage 1-3 years Reasonable knowledge of Unix (shell, crontab, basic grep-less-cd commands and such) Strong object-oriented programming skills Strong order management system skills Group development (source control, unit testing, maven, build factory)
All QUALIFIED candidates should email an MS Word Version of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Look like a great job, just not for you? Who do you KNOW? Refer a friend, we offer a generous referral bonus, it's a great way to help someone out and earn a few thousand $$$ in the process!!!***