Our customer is a Europe-based investment bank. The project is to develop a rich UI web application for managing reference data that integrates with other systems in the bank. Technology stack includes Oracle, Hibernate, Java EE, Webservices, Spring and Vaadin/Spring MVC.
Team works according to SCRUM methodology and employs engineering best practices such as continuous integration, static code analysis, code review and refactoring, using relevant and up to date tools. End users participate in review of the application at early stages though regular demo session.
The project is a part of a bigger initiative to improve business processes in the bank and there are several team involved who can share knowledge and practices with each other, team members going to business trips to the UK and Kiev occasionally.
• Development/Refactoring/Unit and Integration testing of web applications for managing client and account data within a large UK-based investment bank
• Participation in system architecture/design
• Working with analysts and testers on requirements and test cases clarification
• Maintaining project technical infrastructure (continuous integration, automated deployment)
• Mentoring junior developers
• 4+ years overall IT experience
• Strong Java developer
• Java EE, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, Webservices
• Oracle DB
• Good/intermediate English
• Understanding of financial services and investment banking
Luxoft - 22 months ago