Summary: A leading provider of cutting-edge mobile ad serving technology is looking for an expert Java Developer! We are looking for a star developer with great skills at solving complex technical issues and creating cutting edge technology. Prefer someone who has experience working on big data problems with tools such as MapReduce, Hadoop, NoSQL, and relational databases.
• Expert Knowledge of Java
• Experience in Unix/Linux
• J2EE Stack knowledge
• Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries
• Experience in high volume web sites and applications
• Experience working with large datasets
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, PHP or Perl is very preferable
• Good team player, good communication skills, with attention to detail and high quality coding
• Must be highly motivated, able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Understanding and experience in MVC design
• Experience in using Git, SVN, Bazaar or similar systems
• The ideal candidate has some exposure to MapReduce and/or Hadoop.
• Familiarity with PostgreSQL and NoSQL database systems is a plus
Roles and Responsibilities
• Work on cutting-edge ad serving technology with one of the biggest players in mobile advertising
• Design and develop on our MapReduce platform using modern technologies such as Hadoop
• Scale the current infrastructure to handle greater levels of reliability and accessibility using data storage methods such as sharding, partitioning and data modeling.
• Investigating and implementing future use of NoSQL
• Troubleshoot backend server performance or functional issues
• Work to increase the quality and robustness of our software
Mojiva, Inc - 2 years ago