JOB SUMMARY: Incumbent will formulate and define specifications for complex operating software programming applications, to work as part of a team with influence across a larger organization
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Research, construct, develop, and test complex computer application software or systems
2. Analyze users’ needs and design software as necessary.
3. Maintain complex computer applications software and systems
4. Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance; identify candidate hardware systems and components.
5. Perform Technical Review of requirements, Analyze source data and provide gap analysis.
6. Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results
7. Consult with customers on project status and advise customer about technical issues
8. Provider technical leadership to the team and act as mentor to junior team members.
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The incumbent works with some supervision to construct and develop complex programming systems to support customers’ application systems, relying on broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Work is varied with high complexity, requiring a high level of independent judgment within established guidelines. An incumbent has direct contact with end users and managers. This position mentors less experienced team members.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
• Minimum Bachelors degree, or 4 years of related experience
• Minimum 8 years progressive software systems programming experience, of which 5+ years experience of Java server programming using J2EE/JEE technologies.
• Strong knowledge of Java and a wide range of Java/J2EE/JEE technologies such as JDBC, JNI, JSP/Servlets, JTA, JMS, JNDI, JMX, JAAS, and others.
• Detailed knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
• Understanding of multi-tier distributed software architectures, concurrent programming concepts, and multi-threaded applications.
• Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
• Experience with advanced XML technologies and API’s such as XSD, XSLT, (XQuery, and XPath desired).
• Experience with Web Services and SOA and related standards such as SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, and BPEL.
• Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
• Knowledge of project management and execution of multiple projects
• In-depth knowledge of infrastructure security
• Knowledge of large enterprise with a significantly distributed infrastructure
• Knowledge of data mapping, extraction, data migration, decision support systems, data marts/data warehousing and relational and dimensional modeling.
• Extensive knowledge of business requirements gathering, architecting, designing and developing complex Oracle based web applications and re-engineering products.
• Knowledge of process stabilization, performance analysis, code optimization and testing of web application and data-engineering products.
• Knowledge of health care claims and health insurance industry preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Planning, organizing, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to quickly attain and understand new processes with strict attention to detail
• Ability to meet strict deadlines, work on multiple tasks and work well under pressure
• Ability to work at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications
• Ability to analyze data and arrive at a logical conclusion
• Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
• Ability to evaluate production situations and current information to determine the appropriate course of action and execute decisions
• Ability to mentor less experienced team members.
• Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office and software development applications
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.