We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to be focused on the development of PIMCO’s Legal and Regulatory Compliance applications. A qualified candidate should be highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work well independently as well as in a team environment. The candidate should demonstrate an advanced level of understanding of general systems concepts/computer science fundamentals and their application to solve business problems, and should have experience building and querying high data volume in an enterprise environment. The successful candidate will excel at taking personal responsibility and ownership of all project assignments.
Primary responsibilities will include:
o Develop high-performance distributed systems using Java and open source technologies.
o Migrate existing systems to new technology platform.
o Work with analysts, team members, and stakeholders to understand and document software requirements, and ensure applications are developed according to specifications.
o Collaborate with designers, developers, and project managers to complete, thoroughly test, and deliver innovative software solutions.
o Develop work plans and regularly track progress and update plans to reflect changes in specifications, timelines, resources, and deliverables.
o Troubleshoot problems, whether due to data or software, and work to rapidly implement repairs.
o Be an expert resource on one or more development environments or programming languages.
o Develop detailed understanding of PIMCO’s current and historical data systems and provide a high level of support and functional assistance to end users
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 7 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the financial industry is a plus.
• Strong object-oriented programming skills using Java.
• Experience with frameworks such as Spring.
• Experience developing application frameworks supporting high performance, distributed, multi-threaded processing.
• Experience with SOA technologies including SOAP, RPC, XML, and Web Services
• Experience with Enterprise relational databases, such as Oracle and Sybase.
• Strong, hands-on, experience using SQL; including complex table joins and aggregate functions.
• Experience with UNIX/Linux environments. Experience with scripting languages (Perl, UNIX Shell, awk, etc) preferred.
• High degree of initiative and enthusiasm – must learn PIMCO’s detailed processes and technologies involving trade lifecycle.
• Proactive about recognizing potential improvements or impending problems.
• Superb interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Should have basic understanding of securities industry.
Pacific Investment Management Company LLC - 9 months ago