Analyze and design web applications, including specifying, coding, testing, and documentation. Applications could include:
• JSP, JSF, and Java code.
• JSR-168, JSR-286, and IBM Websphere portlets.
• Webservice providers.
• Webservice consumers.
• Migrate existing ASP-based web applications to Java for use in an IBM Websphere environment.
• Maintain/upgrade deployed web applications.
• Work closely with application requestors to establish project requirements.
• Work closely with IT professionals to specify data requirements.
• Work as part of a global development team to establish the most efficient use of technology and resources.
• Provide assistance to the Web Services Manager as directed.
• Remain up-to-date on advancements in web programming.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject, or equivalent experience.
• At least three years experience in JAVA web application development in a J2EE or IBM Websphere environment, preferably developing portlets using Java Server Faces (JSF).
• At least one year experience with Active Server Pages (ASP).
• Experience with IBM development tools, including Rational products.
• Experience in a collaborative programming environment, including code management, test plans, use cases, etc.
• Experience with IBM enterprise products, e.g. Websphere, Tivoli Access Manager, Omnifind, and Lotus Notes.
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, organized and have the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
• Flexible and dynamic in order to adapt to ever-changing web project requirements.
• Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Professional approach to work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Must be able to sit at a desk, car or an airplane for 7-8 hours at a time.
• Ability to travel (including international travel) and to sit on airplanes or in cars for up to eight hours at a time.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION: (if applicable)
Phoenix Contact - 10 months ago