2 year contract (current contractor has been out there for nearly 4 years)
This is a hybrid type of role.
Skills: WebSphere 6.1, Tomcat 6, Hibernate, JAXB 2.0, Spring 2.5, RESTful Web Service (w/ Jersey), JAX-WS, JAXB 2.1, designed XML Schema for WS, Agile, JSP + JSTL, JQuery, Maven,
lots of AJAX, Oracle, & MyEclipse 7.1. PowerBuilder 12.5, J2EE, SQL Server
- Must be strong a strong Developer with Java, WebSphere and PowerBuilder.
- Must be an outstanding communicator to work with users, managers, vendors and clients. Will take part in a lot of Astellas meetings.
- Managed Data Encryption, Data Integrity Check for Astellas.
- Designed, architected, and implemented payment system for clinical studies. The system manages contracts signed with clinical sites (such as hospitals) where new drugs are being tested before gaining FDA approval.
- Helped management flushing out the business requirements.
- Reversed engineered the existing system, documented the business rules in use cases and UML diagrams.
- Designed WSDL and XML schemas for Web Services.
- Designed and implemented the core functionality of the system, such as termsheet creation and versioning, queuing fees, mass versioning, and making payments to clinical sites.
- Documented the architecture and mentored other developers and QA team.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key customers across multiple business areas and/or systems. Oversees the daily activities of analysts.
- Support global applications and work closely with different regions to resolve global application issues and enhancements.
- Plans and manages multiple projects across multiple business areas and/or systems. Supports multiple systems with integration across business areas.
- Assures projects follow all company and departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Creates and reviews functional requirements specifications and/or technical documentation.
- Guides customers through business case development for new applications/functionality, including cost / benefit analysis and risk / impact analysis.
- Leverages deep understanding of business and/or technology to proactively identify and prioritizes opportunities to streamline business and/or system processes.
- Working efficiently with the team to resolve production issue, escalate problem awareness to the business unit and follow the resolution with the development teams
- Responsible for 24/7 production support of the fife PowerBuilder applications.
- For Clinical Supplies Inventory System (CSI) was responsible for the major system upgrade to the
- PowerBuilder v11.5 and v12.5. Worked on CSI enhancements and conversion of OSI Oracle based inventory system into CSI.
- For Clinical Supplies Inventory System (CSI) was responsible for import and process supplies from the IRT (Integrated Response Technology) system for clinical trials into CSI system.
RJT Compuquest - 8 months ago