We are searching for a Java Developer to join a dynamic team that creates a meaningful and inspiring experience on roomandboard.com. Our website is a critical sales channel, and our development team is highly valued by their business partners. This individual will build Java-based, database driven applications, as well as maintain and enhance existing applications to meet Room & Board’s specific business needs.
In this role, our Java Developer will:
This individual must have at least three years of Java web development experience. They also possess experience with object-oriented analysis and design, as well as SQL and relational database systems.
- Develop innovative software using industry best practices in a team of high-performing professionals.
- Collaborate in a team environment using a lightweight agile-like development process.
- Analyze and design object-oriented systems.
- Maintain and support mission-critical applications.
- Participate in group improvement activities and initiatives to improve quality and pursue excellence.
- Utilize an agile-like development process and use widely accepted open source projects like Tomcat, Spring, and JUnit.
- Work closely with our Web Business Analyst to understand requirements and develop solutions that adhere to industry and Room & Board standards.
Our work environment at Room & Board is unique. As a Java Developer you will:
- Have the freedom to choose the tools and o/s (Linux, Mac, or Windows) that make you the most productive
- Have the ability to influence technical decisions
- Be encouraged to bring new ideas forward
- Work in an environment that is very supportive of open source
- Use the following tools and technologies: Java 6, Apache, Tomcat 7, Spring 3, Mockito, Groovy, Sitemesh, JQuery, Freemarker, Atlassian tool suite
If you are not ready to apply online but wish to learn more, please contact Michelle Harma at 763-520-0805. No agencies please.
Room & Board is an environment of inclusion.
Room & Board - 23 months ago
Working at Room & Board is truly about finding your life's work. Our staff members are curious and creative thinkers who are...