The Associate, Technology is a member of the project team who takes responsibility for implementing parts of the system architecture using best practices. This will include coding, unit testing, using design patterns, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one part of the system.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
- Write Java code based on requirements defined in use cases.
- Develop Object Oriented code and/or provide maintenance and enhancements to existing code
- Work with business users to gather requirements, write functional and technical specifications.
- Develop conceptual and technical design including use of Object-Oriented techniques.
- Conduct unit testing and continuous integration
- Develop SQL queries and procedures
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Demonstrates ability to do technical design and develop using Java (JDK 1.5 or above) technologies including JSP and Servlets
- Demonstrates ability to use logging frameworks such as Apache Commons, Log4J, java.util.logging package etc.
- Is able to use integrated development environments (IDE) such as Eclipse , Java Compilers, and build tools like Ant or Maven to develop and troubleshoot issues
- Familiar with SQL and / or experience with database technologies such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Object Oriented Technologies
- Is able to understand notations done in modeling languages (like UML) pertaining to use cases and class diagrams and then write code to implement the same
- Good understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Minimum 2 years in custom software development
- Minimum 2 years in Java development
- Experience working in agile or iterative SDLCs
- Experience with one or more Java packages such as Hibernate, Spring Framework, Struts, or Axis is desirable
About Sapient Government Services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
Sapient Government Services, a division of Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
Sapient - 12 months ago