Position Title: Java Developer
Location: Washington, DC or Fort Meade, MD
Security Clearance Type: Clearable, SSBI with a favorable adjudication preferred
Work Status: US Citizenship required to support a Federal Contract
Position Status: Full Time
Java programming support for target deployment releases with user interface that will be in Oracle WebCenter. Additional some applications will be in WebSphere. Experience in either environment is a plus.
Support Needs and Requirements Phases by providing review of reverse engineered, as-built code to help define new system requirements.
Assist Lead Technical Analysts and Solutions Architects with high-level application design, providing feedback and assessing options and recommendations.
Review high-level application design documentation and system requirements specifications
Draft or review Software Design Description Document
Draft or review Database Design Description Document (as appropriate)
Develop full or finishing code and/or assist release teams as needed in project startup or problem or specialty areas. Provide code review and assist with other quality assurance methods to ensure the transformed application portlet, blackbox application or components are developed in accordance with the requirements and design established for the release.
Work collaboratively with the COTR, federal leads and other contractors supporting the requirements to ensure quality code following EPIC standards and industry best practices.
Provide coding and analysis relative to assignment
Perform unit testing on applicable code
Assistance in resolving application defects
Deployment planning and stabilization assistance
Provide mentor to other team members, federal and contractor, in application of specialty skills
Assist with planning development, testing, and deployment activities
Conduct interim functional walk-throughs with Release teams and Federal leads
Assist in writing and review of Information Technology System Manager (ITSM) deliverables
Provide input to on-line help guides and training materials
Provide inputs to operations manuals
Provide inputs to systems integration testing teams.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and ability to favorably adjudicate a SSBI, active clearance preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal requirements such as Section 508 and FISMA relative to application products
- 3+ years working with Java / J2EE Model-View-Controller (MVC) Web application development
- Need recent experience with Spring, Hibernate, JBOSS, Struts.
- Working experience with Java presentation layer framework
- Working experience with Java Inversion of control framework
- Working experience with Java ORM framework
- Working experience with Java security framework
- Sun Certified Java Developers (preferred)
- Portal application development experience (specifically Oracle WebLogic/WebCenter) required for at least one specialist
- Hands-on experience using requirements management, configuration management, testing, and defect tracking tools (Serena Dimensions CM and MicroFocus (formerly Borland) ALM preferred)
- Broad knowledge of multiple technologies, including but not limited to: Third and Fourth Generation Languages, distributed transaction-processing, middleware, rules engines, workflow, network communication and database design.
Seneca Resources - 9 months ago