SolutionSet’s Social Business Practice is the leader in delivering an entirely new class of enterprise software to Fortune 500 clients. As Facebook, Twitter, and other social technologies changed how consumers used the internet, enterprises began to use social software to increase employee productivity, gather feedback about their products, reduce customer support costs, and manage brand awareness. The Social Business Practice at SolutionSet provides the consulting, creative, and implementation services required to bring these social software systems to market for our clients.
A Java Developer at SolutionSet is required to have a solid grounding in web technologies, a passion for working with customers, and the ability to lead a talented team. You will be in a key role where you will learn the latest social software platforms, rapidly enhance your technical skill set, and deliver for top tier clients such as Cisco, eBay, Dell, Adidas, Office Depot, American Express, and others.
- Consult clients through the process of defining the requirements for their custom software systems
- Lead teams to design, develop, and deploy systems with multiple customizations and integration points
- Develop expertise in new technologies and platforms that we use to deliver client solutions
- Mentor junior and mid level developers
- Assist the development team with solving technical problems
- Responsible for producing high quality deliverables in timely fashion
- Responsible for analyzing problems, developing solutions and making decisions that impact projects
- Drive improvements to our offerings methodologies in order to increase efficiency and mature the practice
- Minimum of 3 years of on industry experience with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a 4 year university. Computer Science or technical degree is preferred
- Expert in Java application development with experience using tools like Spring, Hibernate, Struts, Portlets and Maven
- Experience building a high-volume, highly-available, distributed application in a hosted environment
- Experience with XML and standards for describing and processing XML documents
- Highly motivated top performer, strong software design and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well both in a team and individually
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude and dedication to the job (Nice to have)
- Desire and ability to learn quickly, take professional risks, and operate in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Professional experience at a large consulting firm, an enterprise software firm, or a large agency
- Experience with Jive SBS and Adobe CQ is a plus
SolutionSet is an award-winning digital consultancy built from the ground up to combine the thinking, creativity, and passion of a digital agency with the strategy, process, and engineering depth of a technology consultancy. We design and develop web, mobile, social and digital marketing solutions to help leading companies better engage and serve customers. SolutionSet clients include, but not limited to Google, American Express, California Lottery, Cisco, Dell, Duke University,Intel, and TXU Energy. SolutionSet is a division of Epsilon.
SolutionSet is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law. SolutionSet is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
SolutionSet offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
SolutionSet - 15 months ago