Java Developer Needed for Cutting Edge Product Development
Ten Mile Square Technologies is a high-end technology-consulting firm based in the Northern Virginia area. Our customers routinely call upon us to solve some of the largest scale and hardest problems in computer science and software development. If you have solid grounding in computer science, product development, and Java skills, and are looking for a career move that will provide the opportunity to leverage those skills to the fullest while working on cutting edge projects that will grow and refine your skillset dramatically- Ten Mile Square is the place to do it.
Ten Mile Square has clients in the media, education, SaaS, and consumer product segments. From name brand companies to newly venture funded companies, we deliver innovative solutions using industry best practices in product and project management, and software development.
We are currently looking for talented developers who are passionate about software to join our growing team of product, technology, and software professionals. The initial assignment for the new positions is with our existing team at a well-known music industry client located in downtown Washington, DC. The successful candidates will work with highly experienced team leads and have an opportunity to learn new technologies, while refining fundamental skills.
Required skills to be considered for this position include:
- At least 5 years software development experience using Java
- Computer science background
- Full landscape development experience: front-end to persistence
- Full software lifecycle participation: requirements to post-implementation
- Agile software development/SCRUM
- Linux command line
- Customer and team communication skills
Nice to have skills that will set you apart from everyone else:
- Cloud based software deployment
- Continuous Delivery
- Amazon AWS
- XML and in memory database technologies
Characteristics you should posses to be successful in our culture:
- Demonstrated ability to pick-up and learn new technologies and concepts quickly.
- Detail-oriented with a quality of work ethic.
- Self-starting person that can proactively identify and solve problems and tasks without having to be spoon fed.
- Work as part of high impact team at assigned client-site and project. The initial project assignment is at a music industry client in downtown Washington DC. This project has specific responsibilities:
- Design and implement ReSTful services using Java technologies
- Implement web application front-ends using Python/Django
- Design and implement polyglot persistence models using big data data-store technologies
- Implement and run unit and integration tests
- Share information about project, expertise gained, client dynamics with Ten Mile team in weekly project/ops review
- Represent yourself and Ten Mile Square with integrity, expertise, and value
- Complete time, expense, and billing reports on timely basis
- Maintain the confidentiality of our clients on an ongoing basis
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR TEN MILE SQUARE
Ten Mile Square Technologies includes a group of diverse senior technology professionals who have been working together across a variety of relationships for over a decade. We believe that a company of exceptional people demands an exceptional culture- one of challenge, reward, learning and sharing, opportunity for contribution, and individual recognition. We have diverse customers with interesting, cutting-edge information technology and computer science problems. Our culture is high speed, low drag and we are known throughout the community for our track record of successes that have enabled many a company to scale, pivot, bring new products to market, or enter new markets.
We believe exceptional people deserve exceptional compensation and benefits. Ten Mile Square Technologies benefits package currently includes:
- 100% company paid medical insurance (including family)
- 100% company paid individual dental, life, short- and long- term disability
- 3% company contribution to 401(k)
- 15 days paid time off per year
- 10 training days per year
- 7 company holidays
- 1 floating holiday
- Individual performance based quarterly cash incentive
- Combined individual and company based annual cash incentive