You are a Web Application Developer with solid experience developing both consumer-facing web products and backend systems. You enjoy technical challenges and can recite the Agile Manifesto by heart. You also understand how to build scalable, dynamic systems and you preach the tenets of Object Oriented Design to those who will listen.
You know how to build scalable systems. You’ve used memcached. You’ve mastered J2EE frameworks like Stripes, Spring and Jersey, but you are also able to quickly learn new frameworks as needed. You can write stored procedures for SQL Server and understand how to optimize relational databases.
You’ve contributed to one or more open source projects, and you may even have started a couple.
You read books about programming.
You blog about web application development.
You’re a leader; someone who gets the job done.
You will join the active.com development team – a group of seasoned software engineers proficient in J2EE and .NET technologies. You will be expected to add value to this team from day 1 with your experience, passion and technical expertise.
Most of all, you are a boundary pusher. You constructively question entrenched viewpoints, and you are a consumer advocate.
Please do not apply unless you have substantial experience in the competency areas below
- High transaction and high traffic web site solutions
- Expert web application developer using Java/J2EE
- Practical experience employing scalable architectures.
- Solid background with Agile software development methodologies.
- Salesforce.com experience is a plus
• 5+ years of Java experience
• 2+ years experience as a team lead
• Experience with Java based frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, CXF)
• Previous experience building high-traffic web sites
• One or more scripting language (python, ruby, etc.)
• UML (familiar with the majority of diagram types)
• Experience troubleshooting and performance tuning of Java applications on Unix
Nice to have:
• Experience with Flex, AJAX, Scala and Oracle
The Active Network, Inc - 18 months ago