University of California, Office of the President
Location: Oakland, CA
Requisition #: 20130224
Closing Date: 05/20/2013
The position is in the HR Online Systems team within the Information Technology Services (ITS) department which is responsible for the development and maintenance of several system wide University applications. Applications supported within the team are the University's self service web site At Your Service Online, the University of California Retirement System, the Endowment Investment Accounting System and other systems related to Research administration support and Contracts and Grants.
The Application Programmer 3 position participates in all aspects of system development and maintenance including analysis, system architecture, design and integration, programming, ongoing enhancements and other tasks related to the development and support of existing and new applications. The primary application focus is the self service web site At Your Service Online.
HOW TO APPLY: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit:
- Education equivalent to a Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field and a minimum of 5-7 years experience, 3 of those years should be recent experience with J2EE application servers (i.e. WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss). Extensive experience in J2EE frameworks including Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services and JDBC along with web technologies including JSP, HTML, CSS and XML. Experience with Eclipse based IDE's and source control systems such as CVS. Experience in RDBMS (DB2/Oracle/Sybase) design and SQL is required along with object oriented design patterns such as MVC
- A demonstrated understanding of complex, data-driven application development and strong analytical skills as demonstrated by the ability to draw conslusions in a logical, systematic way.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate under general direction, develop creative solutions to complex problems and tackles issues in a self-motivated manner in line with the direction of the team and the organization.
- Collaborate with core team members, subject matter experts and business partners. Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to interact with others in a consistently positive manner, exercising discretion and tact.
- Excellent written communication skills which demonstrate the ability to draft clear and concise specifications and documentation.
To review a complete list of UCOP's open positions, please visit the University of California Office of the President’s Employment Website: http://jobs.ucop.edu
University of California is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency