Job Title | Location Software Engineer - Java | Palo Alto
Come join our innovative Mobclix engineering team at Velti building massively scalable mobile ad serving solutions using the latest cloud-based technologies. With many difficult challenges to solve, we take cloud technologies to the extreme. We are looking for highly motivated, skilled engineers to contribute their skills, fresh energy, and new ideas to help build the next generation of solutions.
You will work in the Mobile Ad Server team in the ongoing development and support of Mobclix’s industry leading mobile ad serving platform. Your key responsibilities include understanding and clarifying product requirements, translation of product requirements into a technical design, implementation of the code, regression testing, and live support of the Ad Server in production including documentation Debugging and operational support is expected throughout the product lifecycle. You will work closely with the product team, engineering team, and directly with customers to ensure the best possible ad experience for Mobclix's 30 billion+ monthly ad impressions, always combining rock solid stability along with cutting edge feature support.
- 4+ years of Java software development experience using full java application stack
- Strong skills using J2EE, Spring, SQL, Hibernate and JPA
- Expertise designing and implementing Web-Services, SOAP and REST APIs
- Linux or Unix proficiency
- Experience with software integration, acceptance and system testing.
- Experience in leading and managing testing efforts across the entire software lifecycle.
- Selected candidate must be able to apply agile methodologies and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Java GUI frameworks like Wicket, GWT, Struts, Tapestry etc
- Mobile Web knowledge & experience.
- Familiarity with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 7 development
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with MVC and /or other common design patterns.
- Experience with bug tracking and versioning software ie: Bugzilla, Jira, Trac, CVS, Subversion etc.