Don’t let our casual atmosphere fool you. Vivid Seats operates one of the industry's largest tech platforms for online ticket sales, and we were recently listed by Crain's as one of the fastest growing internet companies in Chicago. We offer the perks, culture, and opportunity of an entrepreneurial start-up, supported by the scale, stability, and resources of over 10 years of profitable growth.
Our passionate team is made up of dynamic and innovative team players who work hard and truly love what they do. Conceive, design, and build the next generation of e-commerce applications in a fast-paced, tech-focused environment backed by a strong entrepreneurial culture.
There’s a ton of work to be done. We’re looking to expand our tech team with candidates passionate about working with the latest technologies to solve business problems. Care about your work and have a stake in growing an exciting online industry leader.
Vivid Seats is looking for a full-stack Java Developer with a passion for technology. The ideal candidate is self motivated and thrives in a fast paced environment with limited supervision. Qualified candidates will be critical thinkers who love building applications and solutions from the ground up, take pride in optimizing and refactoring existing applications, and enjoy working at both the high and low levels of application design and development.
- Design, develop, and maintain new and existing web applications across the entire stack
- Work closely with other team members and departments in all areas of software development including requirements analysis, planning, testing, and QA
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- 1+ years of experience building web applications
- 1+ years experience with J2EE design and development tools and languages, e.g. JSP, Servlets, MVC Frameworks, etc.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and software engineering
- Ability and desire to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Desired Skills & Experience:
Please note: If you are an outstanding Web Application Developer, but you're light on Java experience, we still want to hear from you! Outstanding candidates with expertise in other languages and the proven ability to learn new ones will also be considered.
- Strong relational database knowledge and experience, e.g. MySQL
- Experience with J2EE application servers, e.g. Apache Tomcat
- Experience with programming languages other than Java
- Experience with scaling applications and distributed architecture
- Deep knowledge of linux environments
- ECommerce experience a big plus
Vivid Seats Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
Vivid Seats - 16 months ago
Since 2001, Vivid Seats has rapidly grown to become the country's largest independent, full-service ticket marketplace. Vivid Seats offers...