Java Software Developer
This is an excellent opportunity for developer with Java/J2EE experience. An individual is needed to work in a team environment to design and code software in a fast paced, challenging environment. Resource is preferred to have strong end-to-end web application experience.
The successful candidates we seek must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a distributed team environment are essential to success in this position.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- A committed employee who works towards the success of the team, completing assignments in a timely manner and helping/leading other team members.
- Work within a distributed team environment applying Agile methodologies.
- Work within various client constraints to provide development consulting services as part of engaged teams.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to build and enhance applications across multiple disciplines and industries – ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- Take ownership in projects and suggests revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase operating efficiency.
- Develop and maintain unit tests for software components in development
- Maintain and develop expert knowledge of industry best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Java.
- Ability to solve problems and offer solutions within a team.
- Ability to establish and follow an enterprise framework for all phases of software development: requirements, design, development, testing, and delivery.
- Ability to validate software requirements through iterative design sessions with business analysts and SMEs.
- Bootstrap or other mobile front end frameworks
- Creating visually appealing web pages or interfaces.
- Creating, editing or modifying templates for a CMS (CQ5, SiteCore) or web development framework.
- Experience in libraries such as jQuery or Prototype.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Experience with Spring MVC framework
- Programming in a J2EE environment with JSP/Servlets
- Experience with JSTL and custom tag libraries
Participate in all of our employee benefit programs:
- Positions are full-time employees of Xpanxion, not contractors
- Employees have the support of an excellent training program
- Multiple other positions available at multiple different experience and education levels
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Position located in Ames, Iowa, Kearney, Nebraska, or Manhattan, Kansas
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Programs
- Enjoy 20+ days per year of Paid Time Off