MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 20 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract position:
6 month plus contract
Fort Worth, TX
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer with Rules Engine experience to participate in all phases of the application development life cycle. Successful candidates will:
· Gather requirements, specify, design, develop, test and implement systems to support 24/7, Mechanical – Condition Based Maintenance Systems, following client development standards.
· Collaborate with other members of the team, consisting of onshore/offshore developers and 3rd party vendors, to identify requirements and develop new applications or extensions to existing applications with an emphasis on both design and delivery.
· Participate in both technical and non-technical discussions with the business customer and the development team.
· Participate in work estimation and release planning/scoping.
· Make technical design recommendations and improvements.
· Determine flaws in existing applications/designs and propose alternatives. Must be able to quickly identify the source of issues and resolve them in the proper way.
· Have a solid understanding of development platforms, tools and concepts including Java/J2EE, RDBMS, Web Services and Rules Engines.
· Effectively multitask between different projects.
· Coordinate customer acceptance testing and ensure customer satisfaction through timely resolution of issues, regular status reports, and continuous communication.
· Understand and adhere to the Technology Services infrastructure and inter-relationships.
· At least 5 years of practical experience in Java development, including experience in EJB 3.0 (or above).
· At least 3 years of practical experience in developing applications utilizing Rules Engines such as JRules.
· Designing and developing high performance, high availability, efficient and scalable systems/applications.
· Experience working with development teams using an Agile development methodology.
· Analysis and design experience using OO concepts and design patterns.
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and/or five or more years of equivalent on the job technical experience.
· Experienced in the design and development of Web Services.
· Experience with event-driven architecture and development.
· 2 or more years of railroad/transportation related experience.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
O :: 214.231.7486
See our new look and learn why more than 20 years of IT
focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com !
MDI Group focuses exclusively on providing IT Workforce Solutions that help organizations tackle ‘what’s next’ in terms of...