Synacor is the country's leading provider of premium service delivery platforms and private-label portals that enable Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to easily bundle a wide variety of free and subscription-only value-added services into their Internet offering. We are looking for somebody who's passionate about all aspects of development - someone who likes to learn new technologies and keep up to date with what’s new and what’s current!
We are seeking a Java Engineer for Email to work primarily on our queue based message system. This message system uses multiple web paradigms to create an interface to multiple back ends. This interface is used by multiple frontends to provide users all the functionality users have to come to expect in both web-based and mobile platform email clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development, documentation, and maintain multi-tenant backend services.
• Work closely with product to build large-scale services.
• Write API documentation, samples and other materials to share with internal and external developers.
• Provide technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members.
• Reviewing Product requirement documents as well as participating in integration calls with our partners.
• Effectively communicate task progress, analysis, recommendations, schedules, as well as technical and process issues and their resolution to a wide variety of customers ranging from senior managers to other technical personnel.
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
• A minimum of 2 - 4 years of development experience in creating Java applications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience
• Experience with web infrastructure
• Familiarity with version control software: git
• Experience with JSON, XML, SOAP and other standard data formats
• Knowledge of SaS, SOA, RESTful, and Agile paradigms as they pertain to web application development.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate
• The following are skills that would be nice to have for this position:
-Email protocols, technologies and services
-Messaging queue: ActiveMQ, Kafka
-Java Technologies: Jersey & Camel
-Build tools: Maven
-Unit testing experience
-Frontend Technologies: HTML5, ECMAScript, CSS
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependent
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace . Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 19 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...