Verisk Health builds a smarter healthcare ecosystem through analytics. Our 1,500+ global professionals work at the intersection of high tech, healthcare, and “big data” in order to realize audacious aspirations for our healthcare system. Be it eliminating fraud, waste, and abuse; guiding population health management with data-driven insights; improving revenue cycles for our clients; or re-envisioning support systems for new models of healthcare delivery, we hold ourselves to a single standard: having immediate and outsized impact for our clients, and by extension, the broader health community.
- Unit tests software. Architects and designs new software functionality.
- Creates software system and integration test plans. Executes software test plans for system and integration testing.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Creates technical documentation: software requirements and technical design specifications.
- Configuration Management: configures utilities for configuration and deployment of software components. Creates and extends utilities for configuration and deployment of software components.
- Triage, debugs and troubleshoots software issues. Participates in code reviews by reviewing and providing feedback of others work.
- Implements new features and change requests based on requirements and technical design specifications.
- Release Management: builds and packages releases for deployment.
- 4 yr. college degree majoring in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 1 yr. experience as a full time professional software developer preferred
- 1 yr. experience with Standard Java 1.5 or 1.6 preferred
- 1 yr. experience with CVS or Subversion preferred
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Familiarity with object oriented programming and design required
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience