The Active Network, Inc. (NYSE: ACTV) is the leading provider of organization-based cloud computing applications--serving the business events, community activities, outdoors and sports markets-- with over 47,000 global business customers and 70 million annual transactions reported last year. Our technology platform, ActiveWorks(R), transforms the way organizers manage their activities and events by automating online registrations and streamlining other critical management functions, while also driving consumer participation to their events. Our flagship media property, Active.com(R), is the leading online community for people who want to discover, participate in, and share activities about which they are passionate.
Come join one of the most exciting, high growth companies in San Diego that combines an Active culture along with high tech environment utilizing the latest technologies. We are looking for the best and brightest for this role as they will be instrumental in helping to design the future of a highly configurable, high volume application platform that will support multiple market applications as well as core Business Intelligence functions.
This individual will play a vital role in Active’s largest and most important projects through leadership, direction and mentoring to support several developers throughout the company. This is an exciting technical leadership role where coding expertise is needed and is an opportunity for growth for someone that wants to stay in a technical career path.
• Hands-on development, being able to deliver sophisticated, high-quality solutions in a timely fashion
• Ability to create architectural artifacts, documentation and training of architectural patterns and solutions
• Plan, lead and implement projects that span from a few days to six months
• Drive improvements and processes behind architectural consistency and software productivity
Senior java developer / architect with experience with the following technologies
The following would be a plus
- Java Web Containers such as Jetty, Tomcat, Jboss (Jetty preferred)
- Servlets, Filters and Spring
- SOAP and CXF
- JSON, REST, and Jersey
- SOA and stateless services
- Authentication and Authorization
- ANT build scripts and custom ANT tasks
- Web security
- SQL Server
- HTML and CSS
- Desire or experience in leading teams (team lead, not manager for now). This is a coding role that needs to interact with many teams. It is not a management role.